Sunday, September 05, 2010

Sunday Stampin' - Thank You Card - Using Emerging Color Technique

Below is a Thank You card I made today using the Emerging Color Technique found at www.splitcoaststampers.com.  I love visiting Splitcoaststampers for their great ideas, techniques and galleries.  I always find wonderful inspiration there.

I first learned of this Emerging Color Technique from a fellow online stamper and scrapper, Joanie, who is a member of the scrapbooking board that I visit and post on regularly.  Joanie's cards are awesome and I always gain so much inspiration from her work.  To see some of Joanie's cards visit her blog, Joan's Daily Stampede.



This technique was super easy, although I do have to admit that I need to perfect my technique just a bit.  First I need to buy myself a brayer so I can bray on the color (I just dabbed my ink pad on to the paper), second I need to perfect my embossing.  I don't think I inked my large flower stamp enough, so when I put the embossing powder down it didn't cover the image all the way and I was left with some splotches after I wiped the top layer of ink off my embossed image.  Luckily, I was able to cover my mistakes with my top "Thank You" element.

Thanks for looking!

P.S.  I would love to here your feedback.

No comments: