Saturday, September 11, 2010

Recipe Saturday - Sopapilla Cheesecake


This is a great quick and easy dessert for a party or a pot luck.  I always make mine the night before an event.  I have served this both at room temperature and just from the refrigerator.  I personally prefer it at room temperature, so I suggest taking it out of the cooler about an hour before serving.

I've never received anything but rave reviews for this dish.  I always get  multiple requests for the recipe, and was even asked to make it for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's wedding rehearsal dinner earlier this year.

However, I can not take the credit for finding this recipe on my own.  It was first shared with me by a fellow scrapper on the scrapbooking message board we both frequent.  I absolutely have to thank Dirt Road Scrapper for first sharing this recipe with all her SS sisters.  Go check out her blog Lovin' Life At The End Of The Dirt Road.  She has a great blog where she writes about her daily life experiences living on a ranch.

Sopapilla Cheesecake


Ingredients

  • 2 cans crescent rolls
  • 2 (8 oz.) blocks of cream cheese, softened - not low fat - go for the good stuff!
  • 2 C sugar (divided)
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 C butter
  • ground cinnamon, to taste

Directions

Roll one can of crescent dough into the bottom of a greased 9"x13" baking pan.  Stretch dough and pinch seams together to form crust.  Blend together cream cheese, 1 C sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough.  Stretch second can of crescent rolls over the cream cheese layer to form the top crust.  Melt butter, 1 C sugar and 1 tsp vanilla together.  Stir and pour over crust.  Sprinkle with cinnamon.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.  Let cool completely.  Be sure to keep uneaten cheesecake refrigerated (As if there will be any leftovers! LOL)


No comments: