Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nov. 16, 2008 - Grattitude Post Challenge Day 15

Today I am thankful for my love of photography and for my Canon Digital SLR & husband's Canon compact (that I use as often as he does).

I have always loved taking pictures, but it hasn't been until the past couple of years that I have really taken an interest in photography and improving my photography skills. I absolutely love to grab my camera and take pictures of family events, vacations, everyday life and the beauty that surrounds me. I'm kind of know as the family photographer. A lot of times I find that family members count on me to take the photos at family events. I'm humbled that they feel so confident in my photography skills, but it can also be a bit frustrating because as I download and develop photos I notice that a lot of times there end up being very few, if any photos of me because I'm always the one behind the camera.

I love going back through my photographs and recalling the memories that go along with them. I get excited when I'm out taking pictures and I come home and download them and realize that I've captured a perfect shot. I do tend to take a lot more photos now that I shoot digital. That is the great thing though about digital, I can take a TON of photos, play with different settings, try different creative freedoms, and if I get home and don't like a photo or it doesn't turn out as I had hoped it is no big deal, I don't have to print it.

Photography is my passion. I get totally absorbed in the moment when I have my camera in my hand. As I've gotten more interesting in improving my photography skills I've found it more and more interesting to take in everything that I see through the viewfinder. I find myself looking at things in a different way. It's fun for me to find interest in even the most mundane things.

I would love to someday improve my photography skills to the point of making a profession out of it. I've always had a hard time figuring out what my dream job would be, and it's only been in the past year or so that I've come to realize that photography might just be it. Maybe someday I will be able to turn my dream job into a reality.

1 comment:

shirley said...

Awesome pictures and post!