Saturday, November 15, 2008

Nov. 15, 2008 - Grattitude Post Challenge Day 14

Today I am thankful for great take-out food and locally owned eateries. Great locally owned restaurants are far and few between in this area. Our area is mostly overtaken by a select few different chain restaurants. So this is quite the thing to be thankful for.

I participated in an open house holiday boutique today at a friend's home selling my Tupperware. It was a long day. I was up early and didn't get breakfast, then we had a light lunch of finger sandwiches. By the time the boutique was over tonight I was ready for something to eat.

I came home for about an hour to rest my feet and unload my Tupperware from my Trailblazer. While I was home and trying to decide what I wanted to go get for dinner Greg sent me a text from work to ask me if I might be going to Chef's of New York, a little locally owned Italian restaurant. He's been wanting their Veal & Eggplant Parmesan.

I hadn't thought about going to Chef's, but when he asked, it suddenly sounded so good to me. They make the BEST garlic knots bread there. So yummy!

It's been awhile since either of us have gone there for dinner. I've always enjoyed their food. However, I think they may have changed owners several months back and the last time I got take-out I was a little disappointed, so I've been hesitant to return. Since Greg wanted the Veal & Eggplant and Italian food and not having to cook sounded good to me tonight I decided to give them another try. I'm so glad I did.

That place was hopping tonight. It is a tiny little restaurant with not much seating room. There were a ton of people waiting for tables tonight. As I was going in the door the owner was coming out to call in some customers waiting for a table and said, "I need a bigger restaurant!" I said, "Yeah, you do."

I got my order and it was piping hot, so hot it burned my hand through the cardboard box. I ordered lasagna with the knots. It totally hit the spot tonight after a long day and not much to eat all day. Delicious!

I'm sure hubby will love his Veal & Eggplant Parmesan tomorrow. I even got him some extra garlic knots to go with it. Ooh, he'll sure be kissable tomorrow night. LOL

No comments: