Sunday, November 04, 2012

2012 Thankful November Day 4 - Family Time

Thankful November Day 4

Today I am thankful for time spent with family. 

Today was my niece, Melanie's, 17th birthday and we all gathered at my sister and brother-in-law's home to celebrate her birthday.  Even my husband was able to take a day off from work and attend her birthday.  The only one missing was my nephew, Melanie's brother, as he was off hunting with his friends.  I know we all missed him being there with all of us.

I am so grateful that my husband and I live within just a few miles from our family members.  Both my husband's and my extended family all live in the general surrounding area of our hometown.  Our parents, siblings, those grandparents who remain living, aunts, uncles, and cousins are all just a few minutes drive from our front door and we all have a fairly close relationship with one another.

When I hear of families who live away from their loved ones and only get to visit them on holidays or other rare occasions it makes me appreciate being so close to my own family.  I appreciate that we can get together on a regular basis or be at their door step in a matter of minutes when needed.

I absolutely would not want it any other way!  So today I am thankful for family time spent with our loved ones.

No comments: