Friday, November 02, 2012

2012 Thankful November Day 2 - I love that my husband loves the holidays as much as I do.

Thankful November Day 2

Today I thankful that I married a man who loves to embrace and celebrate annual traditions and the holidays as much as I do.  Even though we do not have children, I think there is still an inner child in both of us.  We both grew up in families who love the holidays, with mom's who go all out decorating for the seasons, and that tradition has carried on to both my husband and me.

I am so lucky to have a husband who enjoys helping me deck out the house for holidays like Halloween and Christmas and who is right there in the middle of helping me plan, prepare for, cook, and host holiday meals at our home.  I couldn't pull them off without him.

Greg's Jack-O-Lantern
My Jack-O-Lantern
He was right there in the kitchen with me carving his own jack-o-lantern before Halloween.  He helped me put the finishing touches on our Halloween night decor and was out on our front porch handing out candy to all our trick-or-treaters who stopped by that night.

In a few weeks I know I can count on him to be at the grocery store helping me shop for our Thanksgiving meal and then I can guarantee I will have him in the kitchen by my side helping me prepare a delicious Turkey Day meal for our family.

When Christmas rolls around we'll be outside again together decking out hour home in Christmas cheer and the we will joyfully set out on our traditional annual trips to a couple of local Christmas parades, light displays, and he will be loving it as much as I do.  Then when the time comes I know can count on him to help me shop for and wrap gifts if I need the help and he will once again help me prepare a fabulous meal for our family Christmas day.

I am so thankful I have a husband who shares my love for the holidays and shares in the workload of preparing for the holidays equally as much he shares the joy of these holiday moments with me.

No comments: