Sunday, November 09, 2008

Nov. 9, 2008 - Grattitude Blog Challenge Day 8

Hope
1archaic : trust , reliance2 a: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfillment ; also : expectation of fulfillment or success b: someone or something on which hopes are centered c: something hoped for

Today I am thankful for the blessing of hope. This is kind of a difficult subject for me to write about. It is rather hard to explain how one is thankful for a feeling, something that is not a physically concrete object, something that cannot be physically touched or seen.

As difficult as it is to try and explain my thankfulness for the ability to hope I will do my best.

As I have mentioned several times on my blog and in sharing my day to day life with family and friends, it has been a rather difficult year for me, especially emotionally. Some changes were made that directly affected my life and that of my family this year, dreams of my husband's and mine have gone unfulfilled this year. We have found ourselves traveling on some unfamiliar and difficult roads this year. We've definitely had our share of unexpected and unplanned events. I've often felt like I was on a roller coaster ride throughout the year. Just about the time I've started to think things are going up, they turn around and go back down again, and then the cycle happens all over again. I know that is just part of life.

We all have our ups and downs, our good times and bad. In the big scheme of things I realize that there are so many people who have it much worse off than I do. I really do have a pretty wonderful life, but sometimes I have to say that it is difficult to see the good when you want some things so badly. Sometimes I do get down on myself or frustrated and angry when things don't go according to my plan, but through all of it I try really hard to never lose hope. I try really hard to believe that someday my prayers will be heard, that my dreams will be fulfilled, and that I will be blessed with the things I hold dear to my heart. I try to never lose hope that there are great things waiting for me and my husband in our future and that we just have to remain hopeful and be patient with God as we wait for him to reveal his plans for us.

2 comments:

shirley said...

Cathy - what a beautiful post. You have explained Hope beautifully and made me more grateful for what we have in it.

Brynn said...

What a wonderful post! You have a beautiful way with words.