Sunday, November 23, 2008

Nov. 23, 2008 - Gratitude Post Challenge Day 22

Tonight I am thankful for finishing the logo design for SSMI III and getting it sent off to Diane.

(I'm not sharing pictures because I don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone who is attending the retreat)

About a month ago Diane (emmylou) emailed me and asked if I would design a logo for SSMI III. She had seen the logo I designed for this year's SS Northern California retreat and wondered if I could come up with something for SSMI.

Of course, I said yes. It's been busy this month so I didn't get to start working on the logo until tonight. Diane had given me some ideas, and I had a few of my own based on what she told me. For quite some time I've had this vision in my head of how I wanted the logo to look. I even sketched it out this morning. Wouldn't you know when I sat down at my computer today I just could not get that vision to become a reality on screen. I just was not happy at all with what I was coming up with. I could see exactly what I wanted in my head, but for the life of me my hands just could not get it drawn out on screen.

So after working on the logo for several hours and not being satisfied I decided to just walk away from the computer for a little bit and then go back and start from scratch again.

I went back and suddenly the logo design just started to flow. It is totally different than what I had first envisioned, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. Now I just hope that Diane and everyone else who will be attending the upcoming SSMI III will love the design too.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

If it's half as cute (and it better not be MORE cute)as ours, then I bet it's awesome! Can't wait to see what you come up with for Central CA retreat...no pressure. LOL

Brynn said...

I can't wait to see what you came up with! Man, I so wish I was going to the central CA retreat!!!

Emmy said...

I love it and am so glad that you have talent to do it! Thanks again!

Oh and you can post it if you want. I added it to our Yahoo Group so everyone attending can see it and order shirts accordingly.