Friday, February 18, 2011

Has it seriously been mid November since I last posted on my blog?

Wow!  I guess that the busy holidays and packing up my old house to move in to our new home has taken me away from my blog lately.  I cannot believe that my last post was in November.  It just does not seem like it was all that long ago.  Time sure does fly by.  

I have really been inspired lately by some of my online friends who have revitalized their own personal blogs and started blogging more regularly again, as well as some of the creative paper crafting and handmade blogs I have come across lately in my time surfing the web.  I want to  get back to regular blogging with posting recipes, and some of my paper crafting projects, along with sharing some of my photography on a separate photo blog I am setting up .  One of my goals for this year is to create how-to posts of some of the projects and recipes I work on and share them with you.  I think blogging is a great outlet for me to share some of my creative energy with the rest of the world.

Today has been a wet, cold raining day here in Northern California and it just made me want to stay in side the house all day long.  A friend on a scrapbooking message board I frequent posted about her husband buying her a very large bag of flour and that post reminded me of the huge bag of yeast that my husband and I purchased at Christmas time when we were doing some special baking.  I still have a ton of it left and Megan's post reminded me that I need to start using that yeast more often.  So I decided that I would use some of my domestic skills in the kitchen today and make bread.  I just wasn't sure exactly what kind of bread I wanted to make, but I knew I definitely wanted to bake some type of yummy yeasty item.  Then my husband sent a text to me telling me that they were cooking breakfast at work in the morning and he would need to bring something.  I told him I was planning on baking and my mind started swirling with what I was going to make.  Then it hit me, cinnamon swirl bread.  So today I tried making a cinnamon swirl bread for the very first time.  I took a potato bread recipe I found online and added my  own special touches to make it cinnamon bread.  I didn't think to take photos as I began the process of making my bread, but I did get some photos of the loaf before I put it in the oven and after it came out.  I'll have to try out my bread to make sure it is good before I share the recipe, but if it tastes as good as it smells and looks I will be posting the recipe very soon to share with all of you who are reading.

Here is hoping I can stay focused and get back to posting on a more regular basis as I was doing in the Fall.

No comments: