Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nov. 13, 2008 - Grattitude Post Challenge Day 12

Today I am thankful for good hand me downs. Greg and I worked on cleaning out our garage today. Tonight we went to my parents to take them some old Tupperware that we no longer use so that they can take it out to their duck hunting trailer, aka the "duck shack".

When my parents moved back in April, my mom offered up several pieces of furniture that she no longer wanted because they wouldn't fit in the new home. That is how I got my awesome oak desk to use in my newly set up scrap room. She also offered me an oak two drawer filing cabinet.

At the time I didn't have the room in our Trailblazer to bring it home, but I've been eager to get it home and in my scrap room. I finally got to bring it home tonight. We brought it in the house and put it in my scrap room, but wouldn't you know it I set my desk over about an inch too close to the wall. In the next day or two I will have to move my desk over a bit to fit my "new" filing cabinet next to my desk.

It's going to be great in my room. I'll be able to use it to file and store scrap & crafting ideas and I'm going to be able to use the top as extra desk space to free up the top of my scrap desk.

Our house is filled with great hand me downs from family and friends. If it were not for hand me downs our home would be almost empty. As long as they are in good shape and match our decor I love 'em!

No comments: